Barnacles
腾 壶 /Sidney Clopton Lanier
My soul is sailing through the sea, 我的灵魂穿越大海,
But the past is heavy and hindereth me. 但沉重往事把我妨碍;
The past hath crusted cumbrous shells 往事是一种累赘的贝壳,
That hold the flesh of cold sea-smells 壳中肉有我灵魂里
About my soul. 冷冷的海水气息。
The huge waves wash , the high waves roll, 惊涛在翻滚,骇浪在冲击,
Each barnacle clingeth and worketh dole 紧贴的藤壶却使我悲戚,
And hindereth me from sailing! 妨碍着我的航行!
Old past let go, and drop in the sea 早先的往事,掉入海中吧,
Till fathomless waters cover thee! 直到深深海水把你压下!
For I am living but thou art dead; 因为我活着而你已死亡;
Thou drawest back, I strive ahead 我向前冲去找白天,
The Day to find. 你却把我妨碍。
Thy shells unbind! Night comes behind, 你放开!夜已从后面追来,
I must hurry with the wind 我得乘风把速度加快,
And trim me best for sailing. 使自己最适宜于航行。
摘自经典美文双语版
本站仅提供存储服务,所有内容均由用户发布,如发现有害或侵权内容,请
点击举报。