打开APP
userphoto
未登录

开通VIP,畅享免费电子书等14项超值服

开通VIP
30篇高质量中英双语阅读美文,每天一篇,听说能力惊人!(附音频)

英语·双语美文

泰戈尔《我一无所求》

I Want Nothing 我一无所求

Tagore 泰戈尔

I asked nothing,

only stood at the edge of the wood behind the tree.

我一无所求,

只站在林边树后。

Languor was still upon the eyes of the dawn,

and the dew in the air.

倦意还逗留在黎明的眼上,

露润在空气里。

The lazy smell of the damp grass hung in the thin mist above the earth.

湿草的懒味悬垂在地面的薄雾中。

Under the banyan tree you were milking the cow with your hands,

tender and fresh as butter.

在榕树下你用乳油般柔嫩的手挤着牛奶。

And I was standing still.

我沉静地站立着。

I did not come near you.

我没有走近你。

The sky woke with the sound of the gong at the temple.

天空和庙里的锣声一同醒起。

The dust was raised in the road from the hoofs of the driven cattle.

街尘在驱走的牛蹄下飞扬。

With the gurgling pitchers at their hips,

women came from the river.

把汩汩发响的水瓶搂在腰上,

女人们从河边走来。

Your bracelets were jingling,

and foam brimming over the jar.

你的钏镯丁当,

乳沫溢出罐沿。

The morning wore on and I did not come near you.

晨光渐逝而我没有步近你。

中英双语美文22

《我曾》

I have dreamed of picking stars,

我曾梦摘星辰,

When awake the stars fall between my fingers one after another.

醒来一颗颗从我指间坠落;

The feeling of emptiness

觉悟后的虚空呵!

Throws me into desolation.

叫我如何不惆怅?

I have dreamed of picking flying flowers,

我曾梦撷飞花,

When awake the petals drift down between my fingers one after another.

醒来一瓣瓣从我指间飘散;

The feeling of emptiness

觉悟后的虚空呵!

Lands me in melancholy.

叫我如何不凄凉?

I have dreamed of plucking the harp chords,

我曾梦调琴弦,

When awake the chords break off thread after thread from my fingers.

醒来一丝丝从我指间折断;

The feeling of emptiness

觉悟后的虚空呵!

Brings me sentimental fits.

叫我如何不感伤?

I have dreamed of touring the heaven,

我曾梦游天国,

When awake the land is broken to pieces.

醒来一片一片河山破碎;

The feeling of emptiness

觉悟后的虚空呵!

Arouses pain and indignation.

叫我如何不怨望?

译者:冰心

中英双语美文23

HOW TO GROW OLD

Some old people are oppressed by the fear of death.

有些老年人因为怕死而感到烦恼。

In the young there is a justification for this feeling.

青年人有这种感觉是情有可原的。

Young men who have reason to fear that they will be killed in a battle may justifiably feel bitter in the thought

有理由害怕自己会死在战场上的年轻人,想到自己被剥夺了生活所能给予的最美好的东西时,

that they have been cheated of the best things that life has to offer.

感到痛苦,这是可以理解的。

But in an old man who has known human joys and sorrows,

可是老年人已经饱尝了人间的甘苦,

and has achieved whatever work it was in him to do,the fear of death is somewhat abject and ignoble.

一切能做的都做了,如果怕死,就有点儿可怜又可鄙。

The best way to overcome it--so at least it seems to me--

克服怕死的最好办法 -- 至少在我看来是这样 --

is to make your interests gradually wider and more impersonal,

就是逐渐使自己的兴趣更加广泛,逐渐摆脱个人狭小的圈子,

until bit by bit the walls of the ego recede,

直到自我的围墙一点一点地倒塌下来,

and your life becomes increasingly merged in the universal life.

自己的生活慢慢地和整个宇宙的生活融合在一起。

An individual human existence should be like a river--

个人的存在应该像一条河流,

small at first, narrowly contained within its banks,

开始很小,被紧紧地夹在两岸中间,

and rushing passionately past boulders and over waterfalls.

接着热情奔放地冲过巨石,飞下瀑布。

Gradually the river grows wider, the banks recede, the waters flow more quietly,

然后河面渐渐地变宽,两岸后 撤,河水流得平缓起来,

and in the end, without any visible break, they become merged in the sea,

最后连绵不断地汇入大海,

and painlessly lose their individual being.

毫无痛苦地失去了自我的存在。

The man who, in old age can see his life in this way, will not suffer from the fear of death,

上了年纪的人这样看待生命,就不会有惧怕死亡的心情了,

since the things he cares for will continue.

因为自己关心的一切事件都会继续下去。

And if, with the decay of vitality, weariness increases,the thought of rest will be not unwelcome.

再者,随着精力的衰退,老年人的疲惫会增长,有长眠的愿望未尝不是一件好事情,

I should wish to die while still at work,

我希望工作到死为止,

knowing that others will carry on what I can no longer do,

明白了有人会继续我的未竟事业,

and content in the thought that what was possible has been done.

想到能做的事都做了,也就坦然了。

中英双语美文24

我爱你,不只是因为你的样子

Love 爱

作者:Roy Croft

I love you

Not only for what you are

But for what I am

When I am with you

我爱你

不光因为你的样子

还因为,和你在一起时,我的样子

I love you

Not only for what

You have made of yourself

But for what

You are making of me

我爱你

不光因为你为我而做的事

还因为,为了你,我能做成的事

I love you

For the part of me

That you bring out

我爱你

因为你能唤出

我最真的那部分

I love you

For putting your hand

Into my heaped-up heart

And passing over

我爱你

因为你穿越我心灵的旷野

如同阳光穿越水晶般容易

All the foolish, weak things

That you can’t help

Dimly seeing there,

And for drawing out

Into the light

我的傻气,我的弱点

在你的目光里几乎不存在

而在我心里最美丽的地方

却被你的光芒照的透亮

All the beautiful belongings

That no one else had looked

Quite far enough to find

别人都不曾费心走那么远

别人都觉得寻找太麻烦

所以没人发现过我的美丽

所以没人到过这里

I love you because you

Are helping me to make

Of the lumber of my life

我爱你

因为你帮着我去理解

那生活的不堪

Not a tavern

But a temple

Out of the works

Of my every day

Not a reproach

But a song

你没有把我

当做你路上的客栈

而是内心深处虔诚的圣殿

对于我的工作

还有我琐碎的每一天

你不是去责备

而是为我倾唱

I love you

Because you have done

More than any creed

Could have done

To make me good

And more than any fate

Could have done

To make me happy.

我爱你

因为你给予我的

远甚于任何山盟海誓

都是为了我好

你给予我的

比任何的恩惠还要多

也都是为了我的幸福

You have done it

Without a touch

Without a word

Without a sign

You have done it

By being yourself

Perhaps that is what

Being a friend means

After all

你给了我这许多

没有一次接触

没有一句话语

没有一个暗示

你给了我这许多

仅仅是因为你就是你

也许这才是作为朋友

最终的真谛

中英双语美文25

人生的回音

A son and his father were walking on the mountains. Suddenly, the son falls, hurts himself and screams, ’AAAhhhh!!!’To hissurprise, he hears the voice repeating, somewhere in the mountain,’AAAhhhh!!!’ Curious, he yells,’ Who are you?’ He receives the answer,’Who are you?’ Angered at the response, he screams,’Coward!’ He receives the answer,’Coward!’

有一个小男孩和他的父亲走在山中。突然,孩子不小心跌倒了,痛得大叫了一声:“哎呀……”但是令他吃惊的是,他听到了一个声音从山中的某处传出来,重复着他的喊声:“哎呀……”他很好奇,大声喊道:“你是谁?”结果他得到的回答也是:“你是谁?”小男孩听了很生气,大声喊道:“胆小鬼!”结果他得到的回答也是:“胆小鬼!”

He looks to his father and asks,’What’s going on?’ The father smiles and says,’My son, pay attention.’ And then he screams to the mountain, ’I admire you!’ The voice answers,’ I admire you!’Again the man screams,’You are a champion!’ The voice answers,’You are a champion!’ The boy is surprised, but does not understand.

他看着父亲问道:“到底是怎么回事?”父亲笑着说:“儿子,注意听。”父亲对着山大喊了一声:“我佩服你!”结果传回来的声音也是:“我佩服你!”父亲再一次大声地喊:“你是冠军!”那个声音也回答道:“你是冠军!”小孩子很惊讶,但是不明白其中的原因。

Then the father explains,’ People call this ECHO, but really this is LIFE. It gives you back everything you say or do. Our life is simply a reflection ofour actions. If you want more love in the world, create more love in yourheart. If you want more competence in you team, improve your competence. This relationship applies to everything, in all aspects of life. Life will give you back everything you have given to it.’

这时父亲解释说:“人们称这为’回音’,但实际上这就是’人生’。你说的每一句话,做的每一件事都会回应到你身上。我们的人生只不过是我们所作所为的反映。如果你要这个世界有更多的爱,那么你就要在你的心中创造更多的爱;如果你想让你的团队更优秀,那么先让你自己更优秀。这种关系对任何事情都是适用的,它适用于人生的方方面面。你给予人生的一切它都会回应给你。”

中英双语美文26

未选择过的路

The Road Not Taken

——Robert Frost

未选择的路

——罗伯特·弗罗斯特

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,

黄色的树林里分出两条路

And sorry I could not travel both

可惜我不能同时去涉足

And be one traveler, long I stood

我在那路口久久伫立

And looked down one as far as I could

我向着一条路极目望去

To where it bent in the undergrowth;

直到它消失在丛林深处

Then took the other, as just as fair,

但我却选择了另外一条路

And having perhaps the better claim,

它荒草萋萋,十分幽寂

Because it was grassy and wanted wear;

显得更诱人,更美丽

Though as for that the passing there

虽然在这条小路上

Had worn them really about the same,

很少留下旅人的足迹

And both that morning equally lay

那天清晨落叶满地

In leaves no step had trodden black.

两条路都未经脚印污染

Oh, I kept the first for another day!

呵,留下一条路等改日再见

Yet knowing how way leads on to way,

但我知道路径延绵无尽头

I doubted if I should ever come back.

恐怕我难以再回返

I shall be telling this with a sigh

也许多少年后在某个地方,

Somewhere ages and ages hence:

我将轻声叹息将往事回顾:

Two roads diverged in a wood,and I—

一片树林里分出两条路——

I took the one less traveled by,

而我选择了人迹更少的一条,

And that has made all the difference.

从此决定了我一生的道路。

中英双语美文27

THE ORANGE

The Orange

桔子

by Wendy Cope

温迪·可普

At lunchtime I bought a huge orange —

午饭时我买来一个特大的桔子

The size of it made us all laugh.

大得令我们全都发笑。

I peeled and shared it with Robert and Dave —

我剥了皮,跟罗伯特和戴维分着吃

They got quarters and I had a half.

他俩各吃四分之一,我吃了一半。

And that orange, it made me so happy,

那个桔子,真是让我开心

As ordinary things often do

就像最近,我时常开心于那些

Just lately. The shopping. A walk in the park.

平凡的事情。购物。在公园散步。

This is peace and contentment. It’s new.

这便是平静和满足。但很新鲜。

The rest of the day was quite easy.

那天剩下的时光都很惬意。

I did all the jobs on my list

我做完了清单上所有的活计,

And enjoyed them and had some time over.

享受那一切,并打发时间。

I love you. I’m glad I exist.

我爱你。我很开心我活着。

中英双语美文28

永远守护着自己的天使

In fact, everyone has an angel protecting himself forever.

其实每个人都有一个永远守护着自己的天使。

If this angel feels that your life is full of pain and you always feel excessively sad, She would turn into someone else beside you.

这个天使如果觉得你的生活太过痛苦,你的心情太过悲伤,那么她就化身成你身边的某一个人,

Maybe it’s a friend of you, or your lover, or a net-friend you have never met,or a stranger you just met only once.

也许是你的朋友,也许是你的恋人,也许是你未曾见过的网友,也许是你仅仅见过一面的陌生人,

These persons quietly appear in your life, accompany you with a happy time and then he could leave silently. And thus your life is full of happy memories. Even the future path is covered with storm or snow, once reminiscing those happy stories he brought to you , you can still be brave.

这些人静静的出现在你的生命里,陪你度过一段快乐的时光,然后他再不动声色的离开。于是你的人生就有了幸福的回忆,即使你以后的道路上布满了风雪,一想起曾经他给你的幸福故事,你就可以依然勇敢。

For those who have left you without any word, actually they’re angels returning to the heaven. For example, your lost friends ,the strangers who ever gave you help, those seperated but used to love you, those artists who used to sing good songs to you, the good writer,and etc.., they are all kind-hearted angels.

所以那些默默离开你的人,其实都是天使回归了天国,比如那些离开的朋友,那些曾经给过你帮助的陌生人,那些曾经爱过但最后分开的人,曾经给你唱过很好听的歌曲的艺人、写过一本好书的作家,他们都是善良的天使。

Perhaps sometimes you would feel sad or lost because of their disappearance, and would seek them everywhere to find out where they’re going, which nation they’ve arrived. But in the end, you’ll be convinced that they stay in a certain nook of this world with a tranquil and gratified life. Finallly, all the feelings of loss or sadness will no longer exist since time has been the greatest therapist.

也许你有段时间会对于他们的消失感到伤心或失落,会四处寻找想知道他们去了哪里,到了什么国度,可是到最后,你都会相信,他们在这个世界的某一个角落,安静而满足的生活着,于是曾经的那些失落和伤心都将不复存在。时间是最伟大的治愈师

中英双语美文29

SOMEDAY

One day I counted your fingers and kissed each one.

曾经,我轻吻着你的每根小指头。

One day the first snowflakes fell,and I held you up and watched them melt on your baby skin.

曾经,在某个清朗的冬日,我把你高高举起,看着你红润的笑脸。

One day,we crossed the street,and you held my hand tight.

曾经,你的小手紧抓着我,一同穿越都市的车水马龙。

Then ,you were my baby,and now you are my child.

曾经,你是我的小宝宝,现在你是我的大宝贝。

Sometimes,When you sleep, I watch your dream,and I dream too......

有时,望着沉睡的你,我也跟着梦想……

That someday you will dive into the cool,clear water of a lake.

有一天,你会潜入冷冽清澈的湖。

Someday you will walk into a deep wood.

独自走进一座苍郁的森林。

Someday your eyes will be filled with a joy so deep that they shine.

初见新奇,眼中满是光彩。

Someday you will run so fast and so far your heart will feel like fire.

有一天,你会为了心中的渴求,像团火球似的疯狂追逐。

Someday you will swing high so high, higher than you ever dared to swing.

有一天,你会发现自己荡的比想象的还高。

Someday you will hear something so sad that you will fold up with sorrow.

有一天,你会因为突如其来的坏消息,感觉被深深的哀伤包围。

Someday you will call a song to the wind,and the wind will carry your song away.

有一天,你会站在风中浅唱,期盼风儿把你的心声带向远方。

Someday I will stand on this porch and watch your arms waving to me until I no longer see you.

有一天,我会倚在门边,望着你向我挥手道别,消失在我眼前。

Someday you will look at this house and wonder how something that feels so big can look so small.

有一天,你会望着我们的家,诧异记忆中它的巨大,和此刻看起来的渺小。

Someday you will feel a small weight against your strong back.

有一天,你会发现,自己坚强的双臂也有着一个小小负担。

Someday I will watch you brushing your child’s hair.

有一天,我会看见你坐在床沿,梳理孩子柔细的发丝。

Someday,a long time from now,your own hair will glow silver in the sun.

有一天,很久很久以后的一天,你的头发也会在太阳底下闪着银光。

And when that day comes,love,you will remember me.

当那天到来的时候,亲爱的,你会想念我。

中英双语美文30

FRANKNESS

You must study to be frank with the world:frankness is the child of honesty and courage. Say just what you mean to do, on every occasion. If a friend asks a favor, you should grant it, if it is reasonable; if not, tell him plainly why you cannot. You would wrong him and wrong yourself by equivocation of any kind.

在世间必须学会以真诚示人:率真乃是诚实与勇敢之子。无论在何种场合,都应该道出自己的真实想法。如果朋友对你有所求,对于合情合理之请,应该欣然同意;不然,应该明明白白地告诉朋友拒绝的理由。任何模棱两可的话语将会让别人误解,也会使自己蒙受冤屈。

Never do a wrong thing to make a friend or keep one. The man who requires you to do so is dearly purchased at a sacrifice. Deal kindly but firmly with all your classmates. You will find it the policy which wears best. Above all, do not appear to others what you are not.

千万不要为了结交朋友或者挽留友情而做错一事。对你有这种要求的人也会付出沉重的代价。与同学真心相对,绝不背叛。你将发现这是最有效用的准则。总之,要以真实面目示人。

If you have any fault to find with any one, tell him, not others, of what you complain. There is no more dangerous experiment than that of undertaking to do one thing before a man’s face and another behind his back. We should say and do nothing to the injury of any one. It is not only a matter of principle, but also the path of peace and hornor.

如果发现某人身有瑕疵,直接告诉他你的意见,而不是诉之他人。人前一套,背后又是一套,没有什么比这更加危机四伏。任何有损他人的言语或者事情我们都应该避免。这不仅是一种做人的原则,而且也是通向平和的人际关系、获得他人尊敬之道。

01 One True Love真正的爱

02 In Life We are Happiest When..生活中,我们最幸福时

03 Develop Your Own Helping Rituals伸出你的友爱之手

04 Keep Your Goals in Sight莫让目标太遥远

05 These Things Shall Never Die这些美好不会消逝

06 A friend is a friend forever真正的朋友是永远的朋友

07 Perseverance坚持不懈

08 True Nobility真正的高贵

09 Confidence Is Built, not Inborn信心并非生而有之

10 Poverty and Richness贫穷与富有

11 You Are Awesome你是卓越的

12 Love and Time爱和时间

13 Words to Live by生活的忠告

14 Our Love Is Simple as a Song我们的爱简单如歌

15 Adopt Positive Thinking into Every Day积极看待每一天

16 Life Is to Be Whole人生在于完整

17 The Pride of Youth青春的骄傲

18 Dream and Poetry梦与诗

19 A special letter一封特殊的信

20 Playing a Violin with Three Strings断弦的小提琴

本站仅提供存储服务,所有内容均由用户发布,如发现有害或侵权内容,请点击举报
打开APP,阅读全文并永久保存 查看更多类似文章
猜你喜欢
类似文章
爱情以笑开始,以吻转浓,以泪结束
我为什么要难过?(双语)
双语:心情不好时帮你迅速调整心情的27种方法
人人都该知道的十大人生哲学
双语美文:爱是幸福生活的重心
经典双语美文:致女孩 成为最好的自己(图)|双语|美文|女孩
更多类似文章 >>
生活服务
热点新闻
分享 收藏 导长图 关注 下载文章
绑定账号成功
后续可登录账号畅享VIP特权!
如果VIP功能使用有故障,
可点击这里联系客服!

联系客服