打开APP
userphoto
未登录

开通VIP,畅享免费电子书等14项超值服

开通VIP
母亲

在美国的一个诗歌网站读到这首诗(找不到作者的名字)。读着读着眼泪就下来了。特别是读到最后,耳边真有炸响的霹雳。我试着翻译了一下。献给我的妈妈、我的奶奶、我的姥姥!献给每一位母亲!献给大家!

 

Those Childhood Days
童年时光


When you came into the world, she held you in her arms.
你来到这个世界,她把你抱在怀里
You thanked her by weeping your eyes out.
你报答她,哭得晕天黑地


When you were 1 year old, she fed you and bathed you.
你1岁时,她为你哺乳为你洗澡
You thanked her by crying all night long.
你报答她,通宵哭泣


When you were 2 years old, she taught you to walk.
你2岁时,她教你走路
You thanked her by running away when she called.
你报答她,一听她叫就跑开离去


When you were 3 years old, she made all your meals with love.
你3岁时,她满怀慈爱为你做饭
You thanked her by tossing your plate on the floor.
你报答她,把盘子抛掷在地


When you were 4 years old, she gave you some crayons.
你4岁时,她给你一些彩笔
You thanked her by coloring the dining room table.
你报答她,把餐桌涂得光怪陆离


When you were 5 years old, she dressed you for the holidays.
你5岁时,节日里她打扮你
You thanked her by plopping into the nearest pile of mud.
你报答她,摔进旁边的一堆泥巴里


When you were 6 years old, she walked you to school.
你6岁时,她送你去上学
You thanked her by screaming, “I'm not going!”
你报答她,尖叫:“我不去!”


When you were 7 years old, she bought you a baseball.
你7岁时,她给你买来一个棒球
You thanked her by throwing it through the next-door-neighbor'swindow.
你报答她,打碎了邻居的玻璃


When you were 8 years old, she handed you an ice cream.
你8岁时,她递给你一个冰淇淋
You thanked her by dripping it all over your lap.
你报答她,把冰淇淋滴满了双膝


When you were 9 years old, she paid for your piano lessons.
你9岁时,她花钱让你学钢琴
You thanked her by never even bothering to practice.
你报答她,从来不费心去练习


When you were 10 years old, she drove you all day, from soccer togymnastics to one birthday party after another.
你10岁时,她整天开车从足球场到健身房,到一个又一个的生日聚会
You thanked her by jumping out of the car and never lookingback.
你报答她,跳下车,头也不回地离去


When you were 11 years old, she took you and your friends to themovies.
你11岁,她带你和你的朋友去影院
You thanked her by asking to sit in a different row.
你报答她,请她坐到另一排座椅


When you were 12 years old, she warned you not to watch certain TVshows.
你12岁,她告诫你有些电视不要看
You thanked her by waiting until she left the house.
你报答她,等她离开就要看个仔细

 

Those Teenage Years
少年岁月


When you were 13, she suggested a haircut that was becoming.
你13岁,她建议你该把发型剪得体
You thanked her by telling her she had no taste.
你报答她,说她品味低


When you were 14, she paid for a month away at summer camp.
你14岁时,她花钱送你去夏令营
You thanked her by forgetting to write a single letter.
你报答她,没有一信给她寄去


When you were 15, she came home from work, looking for a hug.
你15岁时,她下班回到家,期待一个拥抱
You thanked her by having your bedroom door locked.
你报答她,把房门紧闭


When you were 16, she taught you how to drive her car.
你16岁时,她教你开她的车
You thanked her by taking it every chance you could.
你报答她,一有机会就把车开走


When you were 17, she was expecting an important call.
你17岁,她在等一个重要电话
You thanked her by being on the phone all night.
你报答她,煲了一晚上电话粥


When you were 18, she cried at your high school graduation.
你18岁,她在你的高中毕业典礼上喜极而泣
You thanked her by staying out partying until dawn.
你报答她,在外面聚会直到太阳升起


When you were 19, she paid your college tuition, drove you tocampus, carried your bags.
你19岁上大学,她为你付学费,扛着包,开车送你到学校
You thanked her by saying good-bye outside the dorm so you wouldn'tbe embarrassed in front of your friends.
你报答她,在宿舍门外说再见,为的是不在朋友面前掉价被瞧不起

 

Growing Old and Gray
成人,渐老


When you were 20, she asked whether you were seeing anyone.
你20岁,她问你是否在约会
You thanked her by saying, “It's none of your business.”
你报答她,对她说,“这不关你的事”


When you were 21, she suggested certain careers for yourfuture.
你21岁,她为你将来事业提建议
You thanked her by saying, “I don't want to be like you.”
你报答她,对她说,“我不愿跟你一样”


When you were 22, she hugged you at your college graduation.
你22岁,大学毕业典礼上,她紧紧拥抱你
You thanked her by asking whether she could pay for a trip toEurope.
你报答她,问她能否花钱让你到欧洲旅游


When you were 23, she gave you furniture for your firstapartment.
你23岁,她为你的第一套公寓置办家具
You thanked her by telling your friends it was ugly.
你报答她,告诉你的朋友家具很丑


When you were 24, she met your fiancé and asked about your plansfor the future.
你24岁,她遇到你的未婚妻,问你们将来如何打算
You thanked her by glaring and growling, “Muuhh-ther,please!”
你报答她,对她怒目咆哮,“妈 ,求你啦!”


When you were 25, she helped to pay for your wedding, and she criedand told you how deeply she loved you.
你25岁,她花钱帮你筹办婚礼,哭着告诉你她深深地爱着你
You thanked her by moving halfway across the country.
你报答她,把家安到离她千万里


When you were 30, she called with some advice on the baby.
你30岁,她打来电话为宝宝抚养提建议
You thanked her by telling her, “Things are different now.”
你报答她,告诉她,“如今情况不同啦!”


When you were 40, she called to remind you of a relative'sbirthday.
你40岁,她打电话醒提你亲戚的生日
You thanked her by saying you were “really busy right now.”
你报答她,说你“现在实在太忙无法顾及”


When you were 50, she fell ill and needed you to take care ofher.
你50岁,她病倒需要你照顾
You thanked her by reading about the burden parents become to theirchildren.
你报答她,念给她一些关于父母成了负担的字句


And then one day she quietly died.
后来有一天,她静悄悄地离世了
And everything you never did came crashing down like thunder.
突然间,你想做而未做的事,都成为你耳边炸响的霹雳


 

“Rock me baby, rock me all night long.”
“摇啊摇,摇着我的小宝宝,从天黑到天亮。”
“The hand who rocks the cradle may rock the world”.
“摇摇篮的手,可以让世界摇晃”

 

       本来还想把这首诗的朗诵发给大家。可是突然发现我原先上载的声音都不见了。询问“土豆”,自动回复:“额,这个页面去火星旅游啦~”(我觉得这样的回复一点也不幽默!而且没礼貌。)我上载到Soundcloud、OneDrive……但是新浪不支持。等我发现有比较稳定的国内网站,再发声音文件给大家吧。对不起了。


       祝所有亲母亲节快乐!

 

      Amy 05/12/2017 Pleasanton, CA

本站仅提供存储服务,所有内容均由用户发布,如发现有害或侵权内容,请点击举报
打开APP,阅读全文并永久保存 查看更多类似文章
猜你喜欢
类似文章
【热】打开小程序,算一算2024你的财运
感恩节送给挚爱的母亲英语美文 - 大学生英语网
感恩节感谢母亲的英语美文欣赏:Love Your Mother 深爱母亲[双语]....
【今日美文】一篇每个人都该读完的文章:母亲
双语:Yourlife'smother(妈!辛苦了,谢谢您!)
What's love?
母亲与童年时光(双语)
更多类似文章 >>
生活服务
热点新闻
分享 收藏 导长图 关注 下载文章
绑定账号成功
后续可登录账号畅享VIP特权!
如果VIP功能使用有故障,
可点击这里联系客服!

联系客服