地道表达:It doesn't make any sense. 没有任何意义。 【往期回顾】
露丝与杰克共度一段美好时光后,更加厌倦原来的生活,更想摆脱。她提出,等船靠岸后要和杰克一起下船。杰克认为这太疯狂了。而露丝说,这或许没有任何意义,但自己确实想这样做。
原文对白:
-Rose: When the ship docks…
等船靠岸,
I'm getting off with you.
我要跟你下船。
-Jack:This is crazy.
这样太疯狂了。
-Rose: I know. It doesn't make any sense.
我知道,没有任何意义。
That's why I trust it.
所以我要这么做。
-Jack:Oh, yes. Here, look at this.
喂,你看。
Oh, look at that, would you?
快看啊。
They're a bit warmer than we are. Well, if that's what it takes
他们可比我们暖和。
for us to get warmer I'd rather not, if it's all the same to you.
若要我们俩那样子取暖,我可不要。
地道表达:It doesn't make any sense. 没有任何意义。It makes sense. 说某事有道理,讲得通,有意义时,可以用该句型。当然没意义、讲不通就可以说It doesn't make sense.或it makes no sense.
It makes sense to take care of your health.
注意自己的健康是明智的。
It doesn't make sense to read such a boring novel.
读这种无聊的小说毫无意义。
It makes (no) sense to keep it as a secret.
保守这个秘密(没)有意义。
表示没意义还有一个句型:There's no point in doing sth.做某事没有理由,没有意义。
A:There's no point in losing temper on me. It's unfair!
没理由向我发火。这太不公平了!
B:What did you do to him?
你对他怎么了!
A:If I did something bad, I wouldn't blame him for getting angry with me. The point is that I did nothing wrong.
如果我做了坏事,我不会怪他生我的气。可事实是,我没做什么错事呀。
B:Maybe he thought you reported him to the manager.
说不定他以为是你向经理打了小报告。
联系客服