打开APP
userphoto
未登录

开通VIP,畅享免费电子书等14项超值服

开通VIP
读者文摘教你绿色生活13大法
13 Ways to Go Green: The Reader's Digest Version

读者文摘教你绿色生活13大法

Simple answers to 13 common questions.

对于生活中13个常见问题的简要回答。

Q. Should I turn off the lights every time I leave the room?

1. Q: 每次离开房间都要关灯吗?

Reader's Digest Version: Turn off incandescents if you're leaving the room for more than five seconds; CFLs, if you'll be gone at least 15 minutes.

读者文摘解答:如果是白炽灯,每次只要你离开房间超过5秒钟就要关掉;如果是节能灯,超过15分钟的话一定要记得关。

Q. Do I really have to unplug my TV, phone chargers, CD player ...?

2. Q: 不用的时候是不是一定要把电视、手机充电器、CD机还有其他电器的插头都拔掉?

Reader's Digest Version: Unplug. Even easier, plug everything into power strips with on/off switches.

读者文摘解答:一定要拔。或者简单一点的方法就是,把这些电源都插在一个有开关按钮的接线板上。

Q. I know cold-water washes are greener, but will they get my clothes clean?

3. Q: 我知道用冷水洗衣服更环保,但是这样能真的能洗干净吗?

Reader's Digest Version: Washing your clothes in warm or even cold water will get rid of almost any grime, except for the worst dirt or oily stains. Switch from hot to warm water to cut energy use in half; cold, to cut it even more.

读者文摘解答:用温水或者冷水洗衣服可以洗掉几乎所有的污垢,除了衣服实在是太脏或者有油污例外。热水温水交替洗衣可以减少一半的能源,热水冷水交替的话则可以减少更多。

Q. Dirty dishes: by hand or by machine?

4. Q: 用手洗碗好还是用洗碗机好?

Reader's Digest Version: Stick to full loads, use the pot-scrubber option only if necessary, and hit the no-heat or air-dry option.

读者文摘解答: 只有在不得不用的时候再使用洗碗机,而且用的时候要保证洗碗机满负荷、选择洗涤模式、不加热以及风干选项。

Q. Peanut butter jar: a simple rinse or a full-on scour before recycling?

5. Q: 花生酱罐头在吃完用作他用时是简单的冲洗一下就好了,还是要好好的清洗?

Reader's Digest Version: Rinse out what you can, then recycle.

读者文摘解答:冲洗干净后就可以再用了。

Q. Soda bottle tops: on or off before recycling?

6. Q: 汽水瓶循环利用之前是应该正放还是倒放?

Reader's Digest Version: Off with their heads!

读者文摘解答:瓶口朝下放!

Q. Paper or plastic?

7. Q: 用纸袋还是用塑料袋装东西?

Reader's Digest Version: Paper and plastic are both lousy choices. Take your own reusable canvas bags.

读者文摘解答:纸袋和塑料袋都不是好选择。自己带可以循环利用的布袋最好。

Q. In public restrooms, paper towel or electric hand dryer?

8. Q: 在公共洗手间里是用纸巾擦干手上的水还是用烘干机?

Reader's Digest Version: If there's a choice, go for the hot air.

读者文摘解答:如果可以的话用烘干机。

Q. Should I turn off the computer when I leave for the day?

9. Q: 如果有事要离开是不是要关电脑?

Reader's Digest Version: If you won't be using it for 20 minutes, turn off the monitor. If it won't be needed for more than two hours, turn off the computer.

读者文摘解答:如果你20分钟之内就可以再用,只关掉显示器就好,如果你超过2个小时都不会再用它的话就关掉它吧。

Q. What exactly can I put into those blue recycling bins -- the ones that say "White Paper Only"?

10. Q: 到底能把什么放到蓝色的回收箱里?只有白纸吗?

Reader's Digest Version: Toss in newspapers, cardboard, magazines, envelopes with the plastic windows, and even the occasional staple.

读者文摘解答:报纸、硬纸板、杂志、塑封信封,偶然几个订书钉也可以。

Q. Let the car idle or turn it off?

11. Q: 车是要挂空挡还是关掉发动机?

Reader's Digest Version: Idle for 30 seconds if you must. Longer than that: Turn it off.

读者文摘解答:30秒之内是可以挂空挡的,如果时间比这个长就关掉发动机。

Q. I should still idle my car in really cold weather before driving, right?

Reader's Digest Version: Turn it on and go.

12. Q: 天气很冷的时候要开车前是要把车子挂空挡的吗?

读者文摘解答:直接挂档然后上路。

Q. Air conditioner or open window: Which costs me more gas?

13. Q: 开空调还是开车窗?哪个更费油?

Reader's Digest Version: On the highway, do what feels most comfortable. But around town, try to drive with the window down. Your hair will be a mess, but you'll save some gas.

读者文摘解答:在高速公路上的话,你觉得怎么舒服怎么来,但是如果在市区里转悠,还是开着车窗开吧。你的头发可能会有些乱,但是确实帮你省油了。

本站仅提供存储服务,所有内容均由用户发布,如发现有害或侵权内容,请点击举报
打开APP,阅读全文并永久保存 查看更多类似文章
猜你喜欢
类似文章
为何“文摘”叫作 digest?
10本最适合学英语的外刊之一
你还记得这本杂志吗?
Reader's Digest(读者文摘) 美国版 英国版 不断更新中
读者文摘1000篇 小故事大智慧5600篇
Kindle Paperwhite: Amazon's new amazing e-reader
更多类似文章 >>
生活服务
热点新闻
分享 收藏 导长图 关注 下载文章
绑定账号成功
后续可登录账号畅享VIP特权!
如果VIP功能使用有故障,
可点击这里联系客服!

联系客服