打开APP
userphoto
未登录

开通VIP,畅享免费电子书等14项超值服

开通VIP
营养学快速入门 – 译学馆
Dr. Charles Mok want I to talk about Nutrition 101.
查尔斯·莫克博士想让我来谈谈营养101
There’s a whole host things you can learn about nutrition.
关于营养学 你可以学习一堆知识
You have a whole degree on it, or a Master or a PhD.
有个硕士或者博士的完整学位
But we’re talking about some basics in nutrition,
但是我们在讨论营养学的一些基础知识
and things that a lot of people are grossly misinformed on,
即很多人被严重误导
or have completely the wrong idea of what represents a healthy diet nutrition.
或者完全错误理解什么代表了健康饮食的营养学
We’re talking about nutrition. We’re talking about basically what we’re eating.
我们在谈营养 基本是在讨论吃的食物
What are we putting in our mouths. You’re what you eat.
我们吃什么就是什么 人如其食
Is that true? Of course, it is.
这是真的么?的确如此
We know a certain foods are inflammatory.
我们知道有些食物会引发炎症
They lead to premature aging and premature disease.
它们会导致人过早衰老或生病
These are diseases of aging
这些是早衰的疾病
that we are exposed to inflammation and we get more of it.
这种吃多了食物 我们就容易发炎
Cancer clearly linked to your diet.
癌症显然与你的饮食相关
So I’m gonna talk about what foods help you lose weight, be healthy,
因此我打算探讨哪些食物可以帮你减肥 让你健康
reduce your risk of breast cancer, cancer in general,
降低你患乳腺癌或者总体患癌的风险
reduce your risk of heart disease and other chronic illnesses.
降低你患心脏病和其它慢性病的机率
So first let’s talk about some principles of eating.
首先 我们来谈谈饮食原则
You know we have processed foods,
你知道我们食用加工食品
which is where they’ve taken… the manufacturers taking
这是他们的来源地……生产加工厂商将
foods that are very rich in energy,
富含能量的食物
and turn into a bar or a stick or a chip,
加工成条状 棍状 或者片状
so we can consume it.
以便我们食用
And our bodies are programmed to digest.
我们的身体有消化系统
When we digest foods that are very unhealthy,
当消化很不健康的食物时
we’re program to try to go after salt
我们的消化顺序是先吸收盐
and go after fats and go after simple sugars.
然后是脂肪 接着是单糖
And the foods that are very healthy for us
那些对我们来说很健康的食物
tend not to taste so appealing to our taste buds,
或许尝起来不怎么好吃
because we trained ourselves to eat a lot of sugar, a lot of fats.
因为我们习惯吃大量的糖和脂肪
So let’s say a bowl of broccoli
比如说一碗西兰花
might not taste as appealing as a bowl of potato chips,
或许尝起来不如一碗薯片好吃
but obviously, we’re supposed to eat more broccoli and less potato chips.
可显然 我们应该多吃西兰花少吃薯片
When you processed foods, a few things happen.
当你加工食物 会发生一些情况
First, after taking the most energy dense portions of the…
首先 我们会提取能量最密集的部分 从……
say… the agriculture or the farming industry,
比如……农业或者农产品加工业上
and they turn into something that’s easy to
将食物转变成易于携带的
be portable, to be put in a box and take with you,
装进盒子里让你随身携带
to eat on the road and something that tastes very good.
在路上吃 这些口感不错的食物
So let’s imagine we take a process… very simple process versus non-processed food.
让我们想象一下…… 简单加工对比完全没加工的食物
Imagine an orange. You buy an orange
想象一下你买了个橙子
and you buy an orange and it’s got a skin on it.
你买了个橙子 外表有皮
You peel the skin off. That take some calories and work to do that.
你剥皮 这需要你费力耗能
It’s got some little fiber pieces on the outside.
它外边还有些纤维
And you chew it. You’re taking some energy to chew it.
咀嚼它需要消耗你的能量
And then your body’s got to digest the pulp and absorb the orange.
然后你的身体开始消化果肉吸收橙子
Okay, oranges are loaded with sugar.
好 橙子富含大量糖分
But that sugar rise comes relatively slow,
但是它升糖相对缓慢
compared to orange juice which has been processed.
和加工过的橙汁相比
Orange juice, they take in the pulp out of it generally.
橙汁 通常是将果肉剔除
It’s a pure sugar and you drink it,
你相当于喝下了一杯纯糖水
and you get that instant sugar rise.
瞬间你的血糖升高
When you get the instant suger rise, your body activates insulin,
当你的血糖瞬间升高 这会激活你体内的胰岛素
and start storing that as fat
然后将糖作为脂肪保留
unless you’re currently exercising or something like that.
除非你当时在锻炼或者从事类似活动
So eating an orange, I’m not recommending eat oranges,
所以吃橙子 我不是在推荐吃橙子
but I’m saying if you eat an orange,
我在说如果你吃橙子
you will get less sugar spike.
你的血糖较少会飙升
and less health detriment than eating orange juice.
比喝果汁更少危及健康
Take it a step further,
更进一步
imagine you eat a piece of bread,
想象下你吃一片面包
you chew the bread that has been enriched.
你咀嚼富含营养的面包
They take the flour and beat it such that you digest easily.
他们将面粉打细以便你易消化
And you get an instant spike in your blood sugar.
你吃面包的瞬间血糖就飙升
In fact something called the Glycemic Index which we measure the sugar in foods.
事实上 食物升糖指数是用来衡量食物中的碳水对血糖指数的影响
It’s based on glucose being 100.
它是基于葡萄糖值为100
Whereas a vegetable, you’ve got to chew it,
然而一种蔬菜 你得咀嚼它
and your body has a slow time digesting it,
你身体需要时间慢慢消化它
digests it over maybe minutes to hours.
完全消化或许要数十分钟或好几个小时
And you don’t get the rise in sugar,
你的血糖不会升高
even have the same amount of carbohydrates in vegetables as bread.
即使蔬菜当中的碳水含量和面包一样多
You don’t get a sugar spike from vegetables like you do with bread.
蔬菜不会像面包那样让你血糖飙升
You don’t get it from legumes either.
豆类也不会
And we can talk about that later.
我们可以稍后再谈这个
So something called thermogenic properties of foods.
有个概念叫食物的生热属性
And the thermogenic properties of foods mean
它意味着
do the foods require calories to be metabolized.
食物需要热量被分解代谢
In order to get the food in your body,
为了让身体获得食物
do you burn calories? The answer is yes, certain foods.
你需要消耗热量么?没错 某些食物确实如此
Oils, you do not. Sugars, you do not. Most refined foods, you do not.
而油 糖 大多数精加工食物 则不需要
Most processed foods you do not, meats jelly not,
绝大多数加工食物你不需要 肉 果冻不需要
but vegetable proteins, you do.
但是蔬菜蛋白质 你需要
So if you eat vegetables, it actually burns a lot of calories to consume.
所以 如果你吃蔬菜 事实上需要消耗大量的热量
So if you ate 100 calories of, saying…
所以如果你吃100大卡的 比如……
some vegetable mix, you might burn about 20 calories digesting them.
一些蔬菜混合物 你大概要燃烧20大卡
There are no foods that burn more calories digesting than eating.
消化比咀嚼要消耗更多的热量
Some people think that foods like celery or mushrooms,
有人认为芹菜或蘑菇这样的食物
because they have such a low calorie content, hard digestive,
因为他们热量低 难消化
actually have a negative calorie balance.
实际上是负卡路里平衡
They really don’t, but about zero.
他们确实没多少热量 大概是零
Okay, so thermogenic properties of foods, whole foods vs. processed foods.
好 这就是食物的生热属性 原始食物与加工食物
Let’s go over the whole protein issue.
让我们来回顾下完全蛋白质问题
I hear all the time, “Well, I’m trying to lose weight, some eating protein shakes.”
我总听到 “嗯 我在试图减肥 在喝蛋白奶昔”
or “I’m adding protein in my dairy, eating a bunch of protein.”
或者“我在奶制品中增加蛋白质 吃大量的蛋白质”
As if you could eat more and lose weight.
就好像你多吃就可以减重
This is nonsense. Okay?
这是胡扯 好么?
The average female who has moderate activity
活动量中等的女性一般
needs about 45 grams of protein a day,
每天需要大概45克的蛋白质
the average male needs about 55 grams of protein per day.
男性一般大约每天需要55克的蛋白质
Now if a man is trying to build muscle
如果男性在试图增肌
or woman’s trying to build muscle, they’re very active.
或者女性在试图增肌 活动量充分
You can maybe about double that.
或许可以加倍
Okay, but not triple or quadruple it.
好 但是不可以三倍或者四倍
So do we really need these proteins added to our shakes,
那么我们真的需要往奶昔里添加蛋白质么?
and proteins added to the food, and proteins added to any of your chicken?
添加蛋白质到食物 或到任何鸡肉中么?
So first I wanted to stop the idea that you need a bunch of protein.
首先我想叫停你需要大量蛋白质的想法
When you eat more protein than your body will store in muscle
当你多吃了大量体内无法存储的蛋白质
and use for normal activities, you simply store it as fat.
普通活动是无法利用的 它们只会作为脂肪被存储起来
Okay, your body is doing it to turn nutrients into different nutrients.
好 你的身体在将营养物质转换成其它营养成份
So eating extra protein is potentially going to make you fat,
因此吃过多的蛋白质肯定会让你变肥
especially if you eat protein powder.
尤其是吃蛋白粉
Okay, protein powder is one of the very big
好 蛋白粉是最大的
misleading pieces information that people have.
最具误导的信息之一
If you’re malnourished, you’re in a nursing home
如果你营养不良 在疗养院
or you’re starving yourself and you’re working out trying to gain muscle,
或者在饿自己 在锻炼去增肌
maybe protein powder will help in certain settings.
或许蛋白粉在某些时候有助
It’ll help, if you need the protein powder to get protein.
如果你需要获取蛋白质 蛋白粉或许有助
However, if you’re getting 45 or 55 grams of protein a day,
尽管如此 如果你每天摄取45或者55克蛋白质
adding protein does not cause you to build muscle
增加蛋白质并不能让你增肌
and does not cause you lose weight.
也不能让你减重
It actually cause you to gain weight.
事实上它会让你增重
In addition to that, when we eat a lot of animal protein,
此外 当我们摄取大量动物蛋白
we do boost our metabolism up, which sounds good.
我们确实加速了代谢过程 这听起来不错
But it’s not, because boosting up your metabolism,
但事实并非如此 因为加速代谢
account for the extra calories, increases or accelerates aging.
会消耗更多热量 甚至加速衰老
Okay, who wants to age faster? It’s nonsense.
好 谁想快点变老?无稽之谈
So imagine this, if you want to age faster and you want to grow,
因此想象一下 如果你想更快变老 想长大
protein, high-protein diet, protein powder.
蛋白质 高蛋白饮食 蛋白粉
If you don’t want to age faster and you’re not trying to glow grow,
如果你不想快点变老 或者不想长太快
then you don’t need a lot of protein.
那你就不需要大量蛋白质
Okay, so get that out your head
好 别再想
that you need to add protein powder or protein snacks.
你需要添加蛋白粉或者蛋白零食
The biggest thing I see that bothers me,
我看到的最让我感到不安的是
I see people at the gym and they’re working out, maybe burning 200-300 calories,
在健身房锻炼的人或许消耗了200到300大卡
and then eating a 500-calorie protein shake. That’s nonsense, okay?
然后喝500大卡的蛋白奶昔 这毫无意义 好么?
Did them no benefit and basically set them back a little bit.
蛋白粉对他们没有好处 还让他们倒退了一些
First, talk about foods.
首先 谈到食物
I keep hearing that, you know,
我总听到 你知道
talking to patients that are trying to lose weight, “I eat a bunch of chicken.”
和要减重的人说 “我会吃很多鸡肉”
A bunch of chickens aren’t gonna make you lose weight, okay.
吃大量鸡肉不会让你减重 好么?
Certainly, eating chicken over a hamburger is better,
当然 吃汉堡里的鸡肉比较好
but chickens aren’t gonna make you lose weight.
但是鸡肉不会让你减重
Let’s look at foods. Now you have some foods here on the table.
让我们看下 现在你桌上有些食物
Protein powders is one serving. One scoop…
蛋白粉一份 一勺……
one serving actually is three scoops of this particular brand.
一份事实上是三勺这样
This is a half pound of ground beef,
这有半磅碎牛肉
which you might see on a McDonald’s burger.
就是或许在麦当劳你可以看到的汉堡
And this is six ounces of chicken breast, with the skin on it.
这是6盎司的带皮鸡胸肉
Then we have spinach, kale, collards and broccoli.
我们有菠菜 羽衣甘蓝 芥蓝 西兰花
Now you might say, “Well, I need to eat these meats to get enough protein,
现在你会说 “好 我需要吃这些肉去获取足够的蛋白质
need all those protein. Make those spread sheet”.
需要所有这些蛋白质 把这些展开”
But here’s the real answer, okay?
但是下边才是真正的答案 好么?
So, for kale right here, we would need to eat five servings of kale
因此 这儿的羽衣甘蓝 我们需要吃五份
to equal the calories in a piece of chicken.
去获取和一块鸡肉同等的热量
And that’ll give us 14 grams of protein. This has about 25 grams.
那会给我们提供14克的蛋白质 鸡肉大概是25克
We would need to eat 23 servings of kale,
我们需要吃23份羽衣甘蓝
in order to eat this beef having the same amount of calories.
来获取这块牛肉等量的热量
We ate 23 servings of kale, we’d have 67 grams,
吃23份羽衣甘蓝 大概会有67克蛋白质
and the beef itself has 32 grams of protein in it.
牛肉本身有32克的蛋白质
So we ate the same number of calories of kale that would constitute beef,
因此我们吃和牛肉相等热量的羽衣甘蓝
we’d actually be getting twice as much protein.
事实上我们会得到双倍的蛋白质
Okay, and obviously be very full eating, you know, 23 servings of this.
好 吃掉23份这样的羽衣甘蓝 的确很饱
Spinach, this is an 8-cup serving here.
菠菜 这是8杯份
Okay, so to eat the equivalent calories in spinach as chicken breast,
好 所以吃和鸡胸相等热量的菠菜
we would need 23 servings.
我们需要23份
So this here is 8 servings,
这碗有8份
we need three bowls the size of spinach.
我们需要3碗这样的菠菜
And we get the same calories as in a piece of chicken.
来获得和一块鸡肉相等的热量
However, we’d get the same amount of protein,
尽管我们获得了等量的蛋白质
the exact same amount of protein.
几乎等量的蛋白质
How much spinach we have to eat to match up to the amount of beef?
我们需要吃多少菠菜去匹配牛肉的数量?
We need 107 servings.
我们需要107份
107-cup servings and I can’t imagine eating that much.
107杯 我无法想象吃这么多
But you’d have 100 grams of protein more than you need a day,
但是你会获得100克的蛋白质 远超一天所需
double what you need in a day.
这是你每天所需蛋白质的两倍
So that we’re getting dispel the idea
因此我们打消这个想法吧
that you have to eat meat to get protein.
靠吃肉获取蛋白质不是必须的
Broccoli, you’d need 4 servings of broccoli
西兰花 你需要4份
equal the calories in chicken.
来达到和鸡肉同等的热量
And you’d have 13 grams of protein
能摄取13克的蛋白质
or you need 15 servings of broccoli to match the meat.
或者15份西兰花来达到与肉一样的量
And you’d have twice the protein as meat.
那么你获得的蛋白质是肉的两倍
Okay, the reason that you have so much more protein
好 原因在于你蛋白质食用过多
than the beef and chickens is because beef has a lot of fat in it.
比牛肉和鸡肉还多 是因为牛肉有大量脂肪
So when we’re looking at calories,
因此我们在看热量时
fat consumes many more calories than the protein does.
脂肪比蛋白质会消耗更多热量
Collard greens, same thing.
芥蓝菜 也一样
We need 68 servings of collard greens to match the calories in the beef,
我们需要68份芥蓝菜去匹配牛肉的热量
and we would have 74 grams of protein, more than enough protein for the day.
提供了74克的蛋白质 远超一天所需
For kale, we would need your added kale.
对于羽衣甘蓝 我能需要更多
The protein powder as is the same talking.
蛋白粉 同样
The protein powder is, more or less,
蛋白粉 差不多
three of these would be equivalent to chicken,
三份这样的和鸡肉相当
but be substantially more calories.
但事实上会提供更多热量
Forget the idea of your head that you need to
彻底忘掉这个想法吧
have all this meat to get the protein.
不是只有吃各种肉才能获得蛋白质
We have to accept the fact that
我们必须承认的事实是
even though we believe it, it’s not true.
尽管我们相信它 它不是真的
So for a gram of… You read the side of the containers.
所以对于一克…… 你读下容器的量度
So as a gram of fat,
所以一克脂肪
one gram of fat equals nine calories.
1克脂肪等于9卡路里
1 gram of protein equals 4.25, I mean, kilocalories.
1克蛋白质等于4.25大卡 千卡
When we say calories, actually refer to what’s called a kilocalorie.
当我们说卡路里 事实上指的是大卡
And 1 gram of carb equals 3.5 kilocalories.
1克碳水相当于3.5大卡
So if you have 1 gram of fat and 1 gram of carb,
因此如果你吃了1克脂肪和1克碳水
your calories are purely from the fat.
你的热量完全来自脂肪
That’d be good again. But with peanut butter, I’ve heard people say,
那又是好的 但是花生酱 我听人说
“Well, I’m eating peanut butter for the protein.”
“嗯 我在吃花生酱来获取蛋白质。”
You’re eating peanut butter for the fat, Okay?
“你吃花生酱是在获取脂肪 好么?
So what foods can we eat to make us lose weight?
那么吃什么食物能够让我们减重?
Well, the USDA food pyramid was established decades ago.
好 美国农业部在几十年前提出了食物金字塔
I have a little copy of it here.
我这有一份材料
And USDA food pyramid is no longer endorsed by the government,
美国农业部的食物金字塔不再受到政府认可
Actually, the President had food industry representatives and lobbyists come in
事实上 总统允许了食品行业代表和游说者参与
and give him advice on how to change food pyramid into a moral plate.
给他提了建议如何将食物金字塔改成餐盘里的食物比例
But it would say that you should have
但它告诉你说应该
6 to 11 servings of pasta, bread and cereal.
吃6到11份通心粉 面包 麦片
Okay, and 3-5 servings of vegetables.
3到5份蔬菜
This is absolute utter nonsense, okay?
这纯属胡扯 好么?
It tells you way more lobbyists for the grain and cereal industry
它说明谷物和燕麦行业有更多的支持者
than there is for the vegetable industry.
而蔬菜行业没有
And I think you have to realize the fact
我认为你得意识到这个事实
that we’re following a food pyramid,
我们在遵循食物金字塔
we use in our schools and we’re getting fat, we’re getting unhealthy.
我们在学校使用它 但我们在变胖 在变得不健康
Okay, we’re becoming a more unhealthy society.
我们在成为一个更不健康的社会
And following the food pyramid and eating all these grains is nonsense.
遵循食物金字塔 吃所有谷物是胡扯
You don’t need the grains.
你不需要谷物
They have a very low nutritional density.
它们的营养密度很低
I’m going to introduce you to concept called Aggregate Nutritional Density Index.
我打算给你们引入一个概念叫综合营养密度指数
This is Dr. Fuhrman who’s a renowned nutritional expert.
这是知名营养学家福尔曼博士
Places like Whole Foods and supply uses index.
Whole Foods这些地方会使用这个指数
It tells us which foods has the highest nutritional density.
它告诉我们哪些食物营养密度最高
Then you can probably guess, yes, I picked the ones with the highest density,
或许你能猜到 是的 我会选择那些营养密度最高的食物
like the collard, the collard greens, the kale,
比如像芥蓝菜 羽衣甘蓝
the things like bok choy, broccoli, spinach, all have a very high nutritional index.
像大白菜 西兰花 菠菜 它们都有非常高的营养指数
So foods with high nutritional index would be like
所以高营养指数的食物会是像
kale, collards, bok choy, spinach, broccoli, cabbage, brussel sprouts, etc.
羽衣甘蓝 芥蓝 白菜 菠菜 西兰花 大白菜 孢子甘蓝等
In foods with low nutritional index or almost no nutritional
低营养指数的食物或者几乎没营养的食物
will be like milk, eggs, chicken, okay?
是牛奶 鸡蛋 鸡肉 明白?
Obviously, things like coke and ice cream would fall into the no nutrition.
显而易见 像可乐和冰淇淋属于无营养的
And if we start focusing on eating a diet that is packed with nutrition,
如果我们开始聚焦于食用富含营养的饮食
your appetite falls.
你的胃口就会下降
Okay, because there’s things called phytonutrients
好 因为这些菜里面有种植物营养素
that are basically nutrients found in plants.
基本上是植物特有的营养物质
That we need. We need like carotenes and lycopene in our body.
我们身体所需的像胡萝卜素和番茄红素
These are phytonutrients that we need.
这些都是我们需要的植物营养素
And once we get them, our nutrition requirements fall down.
一旦获取它们 我们对营养的需求就会减少
We can give you an example.
我可以给你们举个例子
If you ate the equivalent amount of spinach
如果你一天内吃的菠菜
in calories to the beef in one day.
其热量等同于这块牛肉
you would have 5,992% of the USDA requirement of vitamin A,
你会获得美国农业部规定的5992%的维生素A
and 1,500% the need of vitamin C.
1500%的维生素C
So we’d have 50 times more vitamin A and 15 times more vitamin C
我们将会获得50倍多的维生素A和15倍的维生素C
than our minimum requirement.
远超我们的最低规定
And when you get all these vitamin A, vitamin C, and carotenoids, and lycopenes,
当你获得所有这些维生素 A 维生素C 胡萝卜素和番茄红素
your hunger drops, because you’ve got it.
你的饥饿感会下降 因为你已经得到了营养
Okay, get a bunch of chicken or beef, you got zero.
然而 吃一大块鸡肉或者牛肉 你得到零营养
You got zero vitamin A, vitamin C.
你得到的维生素A 维生素C 是零
Okay, those aren’t the only phytonutrients. This is a good example.
而且缺少的不止这两种植物营养 这是个好例子
They don’t really have any nutritional values.
他们事实上没有任何营养价值
A few vitamins that we find in meats, such as CoQ10 and B12,
我们在肉中发现的一些维生素 比如辅酶Q10和维生素B12
but mostly we find them in vegetables.
绝大多数可以在蔬菜当中找到
Okay, so if you eat a high vegetable based diet,
好 如果你吃大量蔬菜饮食
your hunger will drop,
你的饥饿感就会下降
your nutrition will improve, you actually… your skin will look better.
你的营养会提升 事实上……你的皮肤也会看上去更好
You’ll lose weight. You become a normal weight,
你会减重 恢复正常体重
you know, become all malnourished eating vegetables come on normal weight.
你知道 所有营养不良的人吃了蔬菜后恢复了正常体重
And you’ll be healthier. You have less risk of cancer,
你会更健康 患癌症的机率更低
and less risk of other chronic diseases.
患慢性病的风险也会更低
What I’m recommending is that
我现在推荐的是
you go for a very high nutritional valued meal.
吃高营养价值的饮食
Okay, an easy way to do it is to kinda grind it up.
好 简单易行的方法是磨碎它
Now, we found that if you, say, eat the spinach,
现在 我们发现如果说 你吃菠菜
unless you eat it raw,
除非你生吃
you do gonna chew it enough to break the nutrients free.
你必须得好好咀嚼让营养素释放
So, do we should cook certain vegetables
所以 我们应该煮熟蔬菜
or blend them in a blender, or chew them for a long time.
或者用搅拌机搅拌 或者长时间咀嚼
Most people will chew for a long time, so you need a big salad.
绝大多数人会慢慢咀嚼 所以你需要一大盘沙拉
You don’t get quite as much nutrition you do blending it up.
营养物质不会比搅拌的蔬菜多
At our office here, I went around the office and pull our devices out.
在我们办公室这儿 我转了一圈 把设备找了出来
I have a little green drink at 3:00 on Monday.
我周一3点会喝一些绿色饮品
Vitamix is my favorite.
Vitamix是我最爱的搅拌机
I got it at Costco.
我在Costco超市买的
I want that tier one in my house.
这是我家最重要的设备之一
The NutriBullet, this is something else in our office.
NutriBullet 这是办公室里的另一个设备的牌子
and then the Ninja, which… my staff has in their lunchroom.
然后是Ninja ……员工们在厨房用的
The Ninja is less expensive and rated better by Consumer Reports,
据《消费报告》称 Ninja价格较低 评价较好
but I still like the Vitamix, seems to be pretty robust.
可我依然钟爱Vitamix 它看上去结实耐用
You blend it up, put some water in it,
混合好蔬菜 放些水进去
and you’ll get your nutritional density.
就得到了你要的营养密度
And you actually drop your hunger.
也降低了饥饿感
So, eat a bowl of cereal in the morning,
所以 在早上吃一碗麦片
Cereal has no nutritional value.
麦片没有营养价值
Okay, even though the USDA food pyramid says
好 即使是美国农业部食物金字塔规定
you should eat like 11 servings of cereal a day, which is nuts.
你应该每天吃11份麦片 但这是胡扯
There’s no nutrition in it.
它没有营养
They fortify this cereal with certain vitamins
他们用某些维生素增强了这个麦片
that give you 100% or 50% of your USDA requirements.
给你100%或者50%美国农业部规定的营养
I showed you that spinach would have like 5000 times as much, okay?
我给你们展示了菠菜会给你5000倍那么多 好吗?
So, have the vegetables drink in the morning, maybe one at lunch.
所以 在早晨或者中午喝杯蔬菜汁
And then imagine instead of having a big plate of meat
然后想象一下用它替代一大盘肉
and a small serving of vegetables,
和一小份蔬菜
have big servings of vegetables and small servings of meat.
吃一大份蔬菜和一小份肉吧
I’m not saying avoid meats all together.
我不是在说要完全不要肉
I’m saying your need nearly as much as you think you do.
所获取的营养将和你认为的一样多
You certainly don’t need any milk, okay?
显然你不需要任何牛奶 好么?
People that need milk are people’re growing.
需要牛奶的是那些长身体的人
Imagine a baby being born needs to grow.
想象一个刚出生正在长身体的婴儿
They need the calorie density and the nutrition density.
他们需要热量密度和营养密度
They absorb the calorie density of milk to grow and get big.
他们吸收牛奶中的热量密度发育成长
And when we get to be adults, we should probably think about stopping growing,
当我们长大成人 或许应该考虑停止生长
because milk does increase our metabolism, increases our aging.
因为牛奶确实会增加我们的代谢 加速我们的衰老
Okay, the meats. What are good meats and bad meat?
好 肉类 什么是好肉和坏肉?
I gave examples of maybe not the best meats.
我给大家举个或许算不上是好肉的例子
Chicken with the skin on it has more fat than chicken without the skin.
带皮的鸡肉比不带皮的有更多脂肪
Ground beef has more fat than lean beef.
碎牛肉比瘦牛肉脂肪多
But how can we take it a little further?
更深入呢?
Well, imagine that when you’re a farmer,
好 想象一下你是个农场主
You have a couple of choices.
你有几组选择
You let the chickens eat the foods they naturally eat
你让鸡吃自然生长的食物
which are bugs and grass, things in the pasture.
比如虫子和草 牧场里的东西
Or you can put a bunch of chickens in a little coop
或者你把大量的鸡塞到小鸡笼
and feed them corn and grain.
然后喂它们谷物和玉米
You feel the corn and grain is cheaper.
你觉得谷物和玉米更便宜
And they’re very energy dense. The chicken will grow fast
它们能量密度高 鸡会长得快
and get many antibiotics and other minerals
还吃了很多抗生素以及其它矿物质
to make them sleep, don’t die or they’re healthy.
让它们睡觉 健康的活着
But then that’s coming to us as a unhealthy chicken,
但对我们来说 这就是不健康的鸡
It’s basically a diabetic chicken.
基本上是糖尿病鸡
Same thing with the cows.
奶牛也是一样
You know, they were really designed to eat grass.
你知道 它们本该吃草
We’re feeding them grains, okay?
但我们在喂它们谷物 好么?
Well, there’s options to get what’s called grass-fed beef.
好 现在可以选择所谓的草饲牛肉
Now a cow that’s… fed beef through its life
现在一只奶牛一生喂养
and what they call finished with grass, not…
然后他们称之终生喂草 不是……
When you buy grass-fed meat, you want to know what it was finished with?
当你购买草饲肉 你想知道它吃什么长大的?
A lot of times, they’ll say it’s grass-fed, but the last three months.
很多时候 他们说牛是草饲的 其实不过是最后三个月用草喂
They get a bunch of corn to turn into a diabetic, to fatten it up,
他们用大量谷物让牛养膘 得糖尿病
so it tastes like regular beef.
所以它尝起来像普通牛肉
Okay, but if you get a grass-fed, grass-finished beef,
好 但是如果你吃到真正的草饲牛肉 完全喂草的牛肉
you actually have less fat than some chickens.
事实上你得到的脂肪比鸡肉还少
Okay, if you eat a grass-fed beef that’s finished with grass,
好 如果你吃完全的草饲牛肉
it actually has less inflammation properties than Atlantic salmon.
和大西洋鲑鱼相比 会更少发炎
So it’s actually healthier than an Atlantic salmon.
所以它更健康
Eating wild caught fish is going to be healthier than farm-fed fish,
吃野生捕捞鱼要比人工饲养鱼更健康
because, well, wild caught fish is eating the different nutrients they need to survive.
为了生存 野生捕捞鱼吃各种不同的营养物质
Salmon will be your better fish, because it has no mercury in it.
鲑鱼或许对你是好鱼 因为它不含汞
It’s very safe and that standpoints,
它很安全 这个观点
you could really eat it every day or a couple times a week.
事实上你可以每天吃或者一周吃几次
Well, some of the fish like swordfish and tuna,
好 有些鱼像剑鱼和金枪鱼
not recommend eating much of that, a lot of mercury in them.
不推荐多吃 它们含汞太多
These are predator fish.
它们是捕食鱼
And farm-raised fish, you can eat those, better than eating beef,
还有人工养殖鱼 可以吃些 比吃牛肉好
that’s grass… I’m sorry, that’s grain fed.
那是草……抱歉 那是谷物喂养
But maybe your fish, you should start steering towards fish that’s wild caught.
或许鱼 你应该开始转向野生捕捞鱼
Beef that’s grass-fed, if you’re using cheese or butter…
草饲牛肉 如果你用芝士或者黄油……
They’ve got grass-fed cows making cheese.
他们用草饲牛做芝士
There’s a brand called Kerrygold and they carry out at our Meijer next door.
有个品牌叫Kerrygold 它们就在我们隔壁
In this grass-fed cheese and grass-fed beef,
在这款草饲芝士和草饲牛肉
and that’s grass-fed cheese… grass-fed beef that makes cheese and butter.
它是草饲芝士……草饲牛做的芝士和黄油
And that’s healthier for you than eating,
相比较吃那些
say… margarine, which is completely processed or eating regular butter and cheese.
比……人造奶油 吃完全加工的普通黄油和芝士 更健康
So, I’ll leave it at this:
在此 我小结一下:
Don’t listen to this concept that you need to eat all this protein.
不要听从这个概念 你需要吃所有这些蛋白质
When we’re talking about a low-carb diet,
当我们在探讨低碳水饮食
really we’re referring to is a diet that does not have fast carbohydrates.
事实上我们指的是不含快速碳水的饮食
A fast carbohydrate would be your grains.
对你而言 谷物就是快速碳水
They turn into sugar very quickly.
他们很快转变成糖
Your fruits, you know, fruit should be part of your diet,
你知道 水果也应是你饮食的一部分
but if you’re trying to lose weight, minimize them.
但是当你试图减重 尽量减到最少
And maybe stay away from the tropical fruits, and eat more northern fruits.
最好远离热带水果 多吃北方的水果
Okay. Anything that you drink
好 你喝下去的
has a potential for a rapid release of calories.
都有可能快速释放热量
Alcohol actually has higher calorie per gram
事实上每克酒都有较高热量
than carb or protein… is a little less than actually 7 grams.
比碳水或者蛋白质还高…… 差不多7克
So, alcohol, moderation, okay?
所以 酒 适度 好么?
And then we should be eating less meat.
然后我们应该少吃肉
That’s not saying eat any meat,
这不是说不吃任何肉
but eat less meat, don’t make that big part of your diet.
而是说少吃肉 不让肉成为你饮食的主要部分
Again, we talked about when you’re making your plate,
再者 我们已经讨论了当在装盘时
and you got a piece of meat
放上了一大块肉
and then you have maybe half your plates vegetables.
那么你或许会将盘中蔬菜减半
Well, in this case, ninety percent of calories are coming from the meat,
这样的话 90%的热量来自肉
because it’s so calorie rich.
因为它富含热量
And we talked about the, you know,
我们已经讨论过了 你知道的
seventy or whatever serving a spinach versus a piece of piece of meat.
差不多70份菠菜等同一块肉
So imagine that your meat is like a garnish or a side dish,
所以想象一下 把肉作为装饰或者配菜
and you’re eating mostly vegetables.
盘子的一大部分都应该是蔬菜
Eat the vegetables with the highest ANDI score.
吃那些综合营养密度指数评分高的蔬菜
Dr. Fuhrman has the ANDI score. It’s very, very helpful.
福尔曼博士的综合营养密度指数表 非常非常有用
When you’re grocery shopping, take it with you,
当你买菜时 带上它
try to pick the ones with high ANDI score.
试着挑出那些综合营养密度指数评分高的
And the ones that are low ANDI score,
把那些综合营养密度指数请评分低的
make those food that you’re not eating very much.
做成不会多吃的食物
And this way, you’ll be healthier, your skin will look better.
这样 你会更健康 你皮肤会看起来更好
Your heart will be healthier, your brain will be healthier.
你的心脏 大脑会更健康
You’ve less cancer and you become…you maintain a normal weight.
患癌风险降低 维持正常体重
So that is Nutrition 101, thank you.
那么这就是营养101 谢谢
本站仅提供存储服务,所有内容均由用户发布,如发现有害或侵权内容,请点击举报
打开APP,阅读全文并永久保存 查看更多类似文章
猜你喜欢
类似文章
【热】打开小程序,算一算2024你的财运
Protein mania: the rich world’s new diet obsession
怎么用英语表达“暴饮暴食”?
Six Simple Changes for a Healthy Diet
关于营养的15件事
多吃红肉,真的不健康吗?
英语作文:中西餐差别
更多类似文章 >>
生活服务
热点新闻
分享 收藏 导长图 关注 下载文章
绑定账号成功
后续可登录账号畅享VIP特权!
如果VIP功能使用有故障,
可点击这里联系客服!

联系客服