在孩子们的记忆中,父亲总是不似母亲那般温柔,他认真严肃,但是孩子们知道,他是“最亲的老爸”。虽然他不轻易表露自己的情感,但他做出的承诺却是一辈子的默默守候。今天是父亲节,欣赏完下面来自保罗·安卡(Paul Anka)的这首歌曲——Papa后,也对自己的父亲说一声“爸爸,节日快乐!”
Everyday my papa would work
爸爸每日总是工作
To help to make ends meet
试图保持日常开支
To see that we would eat
务必让我们吃饱
Keep those shoes upon my feet
脚上有鞋穿
Every night my papa would take me, and tuck me in my bed
每晚爸爸总是抱着我,将我塞进被窝
Kiss me on my head
亲吻我的额头
After all my prayers were said
从不忘记为我们祈祷
Growing up with them was easy
他们安宁地一起生活
The time just flew on by
时光飞逝
The years began to fly
岁月疾驶
He aged and so did I
他已经年迈,而我正当年
And I could tell
我知道
That mama she wasn't well
妈妈的身体每况愈下
Papa knew and deep down so did she
爸爸知道妈妈的近况,却深埋心底
When she died
妈妈去世的时刻
Papa broke down and he cried
悲痛从爸爸心底爆发,他呜呜哭泣
All he said was, 'God, why not Take me?'
他说的就是:“上帝啊!为什么不带我走?”
Everyday he sat there sleeping in his rocking chair
每天他坐在那里,躺在一张摇椅上
He never went up stairs
他始终保持那种姿势
Because she wasn't there
因为妈妈曾经在那里
Then one day my Papa said,
然而,有一天爸爸说,
'Son, I'm proud of how you've grown.'
“儿子,我为你已经长大成人而骄傲!”
He said, 'Go out and make it on your own.'
“出去做一番属于你自己的事情”
'Don't worry. I'm O.K. alone.'
“别担心我!我独自一人没事。”
Every time I kiss my children
每一次我亲吻我的孩子
Papa's words ring true
爸爸的话语就会真切的在我耳际响起
He said, 'Children live through you. Let them grow! They'll leave you, too.'
“孩子现在与你生活,让他们长大成人!总有一天他们也会离你而去。”
I remember every word Papa used to say
我记住爸爸的每一句话,
Every night my papa would take me, and tuck me in my bed
每晚爸爸总是抱着我,将我塞进被窝
Kiss me on my head
亲吻我的额头
Oh how I pray
哦,我虔诚的祈祷
They will think of me
他们会时刻想起我
That way Someday
这种情景,将来总会有一天出现
联系客服