下面这些句子用词不复杂,句式也很简单,但它们的具体意思你却不一定能一眼就看出来。英语小能手快来试试看能不能立刻看懂吧?
挑战开始啦!
Ready?
Go!
1. As luck would have it, he was caught by the teacher again.
不幸的是,他又一次被老师逮个正着。
2. She held the little boy by the right hand.
她抓着小男孩的右手。(这里用“by”与用“with”意思区别很大。)
3. If you think he is a good man, think again.
如果你认为他是好人,那你就大错特错了。
4. If my mother had known of it she'd have died a second time.
要是我妈妈知道了,她会从棺材里爬起来。
5. That took his breath away.
他大惊失色。
6. Rubber easily gives way to pressure.
橡胶很容易变形。
7.She modeled between roles.
她不演戏时去客串下模特。
8. Students are still arriving.
学生还没有到齐。
9. I must not stay here and do nothing.
我不能什么都不做待在这儿。
10. They went away as wise as they came.
他们一无所获。
11. I won't do it to save my life.
我死也不会做。
12. Nonsense, I don't think his painting is any better than yours.
胡说,我认为他的画比你好不到哪去。(意思就是觉得你们俩都画得都不咋样……)
13. Traditionally, Italian presidents have been seen and not heard.
从传统上看,意大利总统有名无权。
14. Work once and work twice.
一次得手,再次不愁。
15. You don't want to do that.
你不应该去做。
16. My grandfather is nearly 90 and in his second childhood.
我祖父快90岁了,什么事都需要别人来做。
喜欢请多关注学府翻译哦~
联系客服