对英语是母语的人而言,日常的沟通中习语和俚语的使用频率非常高,如果我们想想听明白老外的话或者电影台词,就要增加对这些词语的理解,并把它们纳入到自己的词汇中。
如果你正在学习英语,那你可能会遇到一些习语或俚语,却不是很清楚它们的意思。下面南溪帮各位学友列出了经常出现在老外口中的15个习语或俚语。
She still got goose bumps whenever he walked into the room.
只要他一走进房间,她仍旧会起鸡皮疙瘩。
Stay in touch with those who matter to you.
和对你重要的人保持联系。
He never has the guts to talk to foreigners.
他从来都没有勇气和外国人说话。
This is how she carries on her work, rain or shine, all the year round.
她就是这样风里来,雨里去,成年累月地工作着。
After working all day I am really beat.
工作了一天,我简直精疲力尽。
I am dead beat today.
我今天累得够呛。
I agree with you, but that's easier said than done.
我同意你的看法,但是说起来容易,做起来难。
It is about time we stopped out work.
我们该停下手头的工作了。
Don't jump to conclusion, we have to figure it out first.
不要乱下结论,我们首先得理解它。
Keep your eyes on your luggage.
留心看着行李。
John arrived out of the blue.
约翰突然来了。
She knows me inside out. I can't hide anything from her.
她对我了如指掌,我不可能瞒过她。
He's always willing to give a hand to anyone who asks.
任何人有求于他,他总是乐于帮助。
Now and then I referred a client to him.
我不时地介绍客户给他。
If I can't finish my dinner at a restaurant, I just take it home and nuke it when I want to eat it.
如果在餐厅有吃剩的东西,我会打包带回家,想吃的时候用微波炉热一下就好。
The best way to heat up food is to nuke it. 热食物的快好的方式就是用微波炉。
He arrives on the dot. I was sure he'd be late.
他准时到了。我本以为他会迟到的。
最后给大家留个作业:鸡皮疙瘩用英语怎么说? 你能不能用这个词造一个句子?
联系客服