She wasn't born yesterday.
她又不是三岁小孩
You can't fool her.She wasn't born yesterday.
你骗不了她,她又不是三岁孩子。
Don't try to cheat me,I wasn't born yesterday.
不要试图欺骗我,我又不是三岁小孩。
A:Susan,do you want to drop by Tom's with me tonight?I hear he's having a party.
苏珊,今晚你愿意和我一起去汤姆家吗?我听说他在举办晚会。
B:I wish I could.But I promised to run errands for my mom.I don't think I can get out of it.
我希望我能去。但是我已经答应了我妈妈帮她做点事。我觉得我可能推不了。
A:You could tell her something impotrant came up.
你可以告诉她你有点着急的事情要做。
B:Like what?
比如呢?
A:You could say that an old friend turned up and that you wanted to see her.
你可以说,来了一个好朋友,你想见她。
B:I don't think she'll believe such excuses.She wasn't worn yesterday,you know.Maybe I can come later on.
我觉得她不会相信这种借口。她又不是小孩子。没准我可以晚点去。
脱口而出
Do you want to drop by Tom's with me tonight?
今晚你愿意和我一起去汤姆家吗?
drop by
顺便拜访
Tom's=Tom's home
汤姆家
run errands
跑腿;办差事
Like what?
比如呢?
She wasn't born yesterday.
她又不是三岁小孩。
句子拓展
I'm sorry about that,but it wasn't really my fault.
对此我感到很抱歉,但是那确实不是我的错。
I'm sorry,but it's not entirely my fault.
对不起,但那也不完全是我的错。
I'm sorry,but I couldn't help it.
对不起,但我也没办法 。
I'm sorry,but there was very little I could do about it.
对不起,但是我也无能为力。
I'm sorry,but it was an accident.
对不起,但是那是个意外。
语法解析
promise to do..
承诺做...
I promised to take care of her.
我承诺过要照顾她。
promise sb sth
承诺某人某事
I promise you a piece of cake if you get full marks in your English exam.
如果你英语考试得了满分,我就承诺你一块蛋糕。
make a promise
作出承诺
keep one's promise
遵守承诺
go back on one's promise
违背承诺
▶主播:Emily
喜马拉雅外语频道签约主播
全网粉丝50W+
每天带你学习地道口语表达和美式发音技巧
联系客服