打开APP
userphoto
未登录

开通VIP,畅享免费电子书等14项超值服

开通VIP
(Metro English - 132 -TV Series - Everybody loves Raymond

TV Series - Everybody loves Raymond 人人都爱雷蒙德


Over the course of nine seasons, Ray Romano endeared himself to audiences as Ray Barone, a Long Island sportswriter juggling work and family, including his parents and older brother, who live right across the street. Here are some facts about the Emmy Award-winning series, which debuted 20 years ago today.   

这部剧有九季,雷·罗马诺饰演的是一名长岛体育作家雷·巴龙(Ray Barone)深受观众喜爱,他在工作和家庭中游刃有余,他的父母和哥哥就住在街对面。这个获得了一系列艾美奖的作品的事实,今天跟大家分享一下。

1. THE SHOW BEGAN AFTER RAY ROMANO DID A STAND-UP SET ON LATE SHOW WITH DAVID LETTERMAN.  这是雷-罗马诺在大卫莱特曼的晚间秀上表演之后,才开始的一部电视连续剧。

"I was doing stand-up for 12 years," Romano recounted to Larry King in 2005. "I did my first stand-up spot on Letterman and then the following week his company called me up to say, 'We want to try to develop a show based around what we saw.'"  罗马诺在2005年向拉里·金讲述说:“我做了12年的脱口秀表演。”我的第一次表演是在莱特曼的节目里,后来,在接下来的一周里,他的公司打电话给我说,“我们想根据你表演的内容做一个剧。”

Ray learns active listening by role-playing with the instructor in a Parent Effectiveness Training workshop.   在PET(家长效能培训班上,雷通过与导师做角色扮演,来学习积极倾听。


Instructor:Let's just say I'm your daughter and I refuse to go to visit Grandma on her birthday.  假设,我是你女儿,我拒绝跟你一起去看过生日的奶奶。

Ray:In this case, I happen to know Grandma, and I can't say I blame you.  这么说的话,我碰巧对这位奶奶太过了解,所以,我不怪你。

Instructor:Just hypothetically, Ray, all right? Focus. 我们只是假设,瑞,好吗?听好了。

Let's just say, Ray, that you want to get from your daughter what she's feeling.  瑞,我们这么说吧,我们其实是想让你了解女儿是怎么想的。

Go ahead. 开始吧。

Debra:Do it. 说呀!

Ray:Okay, daughter. 好吧,女儿。

You have to go to Grandma's house. 你得去奶奶家。

Instructor:I'm not going. 我不去。

Ray:You have to go. 你得去。

It's her birthday. 她的生日。

Instructor:I hate when you make me do things!  我讨厌你们强迫我做事。

Ray:I'm not making you go, okay? It's Grandma's birthday. 我不是在强迫你,这可是奶奶的生日呀。

There aren't gonna be many more of them.  去一次少一次了。

Instructor:I'm gonna stop you just for a second, Ray. 瑞,我得叫你停一下。

I don't think at this point, we need to discuss Grandma's mortality. 我认为现在不是讨论奶奶的死的时候。

Debra:What are you doing, Ray? 你干什么呢? 

Ray:I'm playing the game.  我在做游戏呢。

Debra:It's not a game. 这不是游戏。

Ray:It's okay. 好吧。

Instructor:If I say to you, "I hate when you make me do things" perhaps you could acknowledge my feelings by saying something like "You feeI you don't have any controI over our plans. 如果我说,“我讨厌你们强迫我做事情”,你了解了我的这种心情,你可以说“你觉得,你对我们要做的事情没有说话的权利”。

You understand? 你明白么?

Ray:That doesn't sound like something I would say. 这不太像是我会说的话。

Instructor: Just takes a little practice.  就当它是练习。

Come on. 快呀!

Let's keep going. 咱们继续吧。

Ray:Yeah, let's. 好吧。

Instructor:All my friends are going to the park, but I have to go to some boring party?  我的朋友们都去公园了,只有我要去参加这么无聊的聚会。

Ray:You think that the party's gonna be boring? 你认为这个聚会会很无聊?

Instructor:That's it, Ray. 这就对了,瑞。

See, you're reflecting her feelings back. 看到么,你正在把她的想法反馈给她。

It's just a bunch of grownups sitting around an old house. 不就是一帮大人坐在老房子里面吗。

I want to be with my friends! 我想和我的朋友们在一起!

Ray:But Grandma has that big bowI of Coffee Nips. 可是奶奶那里有一大堆糖果呢!

Instructor:I don't care, and you can't make me. 我不管,反正你不能强迫我去。

Ray:What are you doing?  你这是要干什么?

Instructor:I'm not going. 我就是不去。

Ray:Please get up. 请你站起来。

Instructor:Why do I have to go? 为什么我必须得去?

Ray:I don't know. 我也不知道。

Instructor:But why? 为什么?

Ray:Because I said so! That was big when I was a kid. 为什么?因为我说了,所以你得去!我小的时候要是听到大人这么说,事就大了。

Mommy said you gotta go.  妈妈说的你必须得去。

Instructor:Leave Mommy out of it.  别把妈妈扯进来。

Debra: Thank you.  谢谢你。

Ray: You better get up or 你最好快起来,要不然。。。

Instructor:Or what?  不然怎呀?

Ray: Or no more TV.  不然就不让你看电视。

Debra: No, Ray. 不要这么说,瑞。

Ray: Okay. 那好。

Or you're going to boarding schooI. 不然就送你去寄宿学校。

Instructor:Do you always threaten? 你总是这样威胁孩子么?

Ray: No. 不是呀。

No, sometimes she yells. 不,她经常喊!

Debra: Ray. 瑞。

Instructor:I'm sorry. 对不起。

We've run out of time. 我们今天没有时间了。

Thank you all for coming.  感谢大家今天参加这个活动。

I'll see you next week.  我们下周再见。

Ray and Debra, I'd like you to stay after class, please.  雷和狄波拉,我想请你们俩留一下。

I think we need to talk.  我们得聊聊。

Debra: Nice going. 你干的好事。

Ray: What, my fault? 怎么,是我的错喽?

You raised your hand. 谁让你举手来着。

长 知 识

Active listening is a technique that is used in counseling, training, and solving disputes or conflicts. It requires that the listener fully concentrate, understand, respond and then remember what is being said. This is opposed to reflective listening where the listener repeats back to the speaker what they have just heard to confirm understanding of both parties. Empathic listening is about giving people an outlet for their emotions before being able to be more open, which is sharing experiences and being able to accept new perspectives on the troubled topic that is the reason of emotional suffering. Listening skills may establish flow rather than closed-mindedness, negative emotions include stress, anger and frustration.   积极倾听是一种用于咨询、培训和解决争端或冲突的技巧。它要求倾听者精神集中、理解对方、积极回应,然后记住所说的话。这与反射式倾听相反,在反射式倾听中,听者重复刚刚听到的内容,以确认双方都完全理解所说的内容。移情式倾听是在能够更加敞开心扉之前,给对方一个释放情感的出口,这是分享经验,并且能够接受导致心灵痛苦的话题的新观点。倾听技巧可以建立流畅而不是封闭的,消极情绪包括压力、愤怒和沮丧。

积极聆听是一种沟通技巧,目的是为了清楚向对方反映自己对于他的遭遇产生同感,于晤谈期间可运用积极聆听的方式,更可借此一方面鼓励对方表达得更清晰,一方面使对方明白自己的感受。

积极聆听并不止于默默的听,反而应适时提出开放式问题(Open question)、 鼓励(Encourage)、译意(Paraphrase)、反映感受(Reflection of Feelings)及总结(Summary):


juggling 杂耍

PET(Parent Effectiveness Training) 父母效能训练

active listening  积极倾听

role-play  分角色扮演练习

hypothetically  假设

mortality 死亡、生命的有限

Because I said so 因为我说了,所以......

以上就是今天的内容。欢迎继续关注Metro English。

七月份,Metro English的主题是Lines from TV Series - 英美电视剧中的经典台词。人人都是戏精,你也可以说出一口漂亮的英文!美剧经典台词模仿,进群就可以开始飚英语。不怕不着魔,只怕你胆子小!七月里的23句英剧、美剧经典台词,还有一些关于这23个剧目你不得不知道的内幕消息。

微信朗读打卡群现在开始集结,“狂飙英文台词”,您可以扫描二维码,每个月25元,即可加入我们,每天有Sally为您纠音,有小伙伴们的同行与激励,马上开始说英语吧!

本站仅提供存储服务,所有内容均由用户发布,如发现有害或侵权内容,请点击举报
打开APP,阅读全文并永久保存 查看更多类似文章
猜你喜欢
类似文章
【热】打开小程序,算一算2024你的财运
春节宅家:美剧“Billions”真的是一部学习如何做投资的神剧啊!
《小别离》聚焦留学生活:万千留学党看哭了
看美剧学英语之美剧选择篇
被这部剧的台词震到了,非常励志,共勉!
花千骨催泪台词都在这里了,看到哪句你会哭?
那些简单却道理深刻的日剧台词,哪些触动了你?
更多类似文章 >>
生活服务
热点新闻
分享 收藏 导长图 关注 下载文章
绑定账号成功
后续可登录账号畅享VIP特权!
如果VIP功能使用有故障,
可点击这里联系客服!

联系客服