我是Wind, 以前是字幕组组长. 我每天早上听写1分钟美剧, 已经坚持9个月了. 你想不想找一种轻松愉快的方式提升自己的英语? 跟我一起每天做听写吧!
I make my way in the world, I misbehave.
make one’s way in the world=独自闯世界
Fig. to succeed in the world independently. (比喻的说法, 靠自己的努力在世界上获胜)
I know that all my children can make their way in the world.(我知道我所有的孩子们都能靠他们自己的努力闯出一片天地)
misbehave=行为不当
When you misbehave, you do something bad(当你misbehave时, 就是你做了坏事)
Kids are probably most often said to misbehave, although adults misbehave at least as often(人们常说小孩子行为不当, 但其实成年人做坏事的频率一点也不低)
从Irene的语气和眼神中可以看出这里的misbehave是跟她的外号Dominatrix有关的
从第141篇开始, 我不再放出我自己听写的版本, 而是改为在答案上标记重难点, 大家特别注意一下我加粗的地方。
1 I make my way in the world, I misbehave.
我靠自己的努力闯荡世界, 我不遵守规矩
2 I like to know people will be on my side exactly when I need them to be.
我希望知道人们会站在我这一边, 当我需要他们的时候
3 -So how do you acquire this information? -I told you … I misbehave.
-所以你是如何获取到这个信息的? -我告诉你了…我不遵守规矩
4 -But you’ve acquired something that’s more danger than protection. Do you know what it is? -Yes…
-但是你获取了一样东西, 不光不能保护你反倒给你带来了危险. 你知道是什么吗? -知道
5 -But I don’t understand it. -I assumed. Show me. The passcode.
-但是我不理解 -我猜也是. 给我看看. 密码
6 -It’s not working. -No, because it’s a duplicate that I had made into which you’ve just entered the numbers 1058.
-密码不对 -嗯, 因为这是一个我做的复制品, 你刚刚朝里边输入了1058这几个数字
7 I assumed you’d choose something more specific than that, but thanks, anyway.
我以为你会选个比它更特别的数字呢, 但还是谢谢了
8 I told you that camera-phone was my life. I know when it’s in my hand.
我告诉过你, 那个手机是我的命. 当它在我手里的时候我是知道的
9 -Oh, you’re rather good. -You’re not so bad.
-你还挺厉害的 -你也不赖
10 Hamish. John Hamish Watson, just if you were looking for baby names.
Hamish. John Hamish Watson, 如果你们在寻找宝宝的名字的话
联系客服