打开APP
userphoto
未登录

开通VIP,畅享免费电子书等14项超值服

开通VIP
[双语美文]都德:最后一课(下)(附中英文本)
And then you see what happens.
现在,你知道出了什么事…
Ah! it has been the great misfortune of our Alsacealways topostpone its lessons until to-morrow.
唉!我们阿尔萨斯人的最大不幸就是把教育拖延到明天。
Now those people are entitled to say to us:
现在,那些人有权利对我们说:
What! you claim to be French, and you can neither speak nor writeyour language!
怎么!你们声称自己是法国人,可你们即不会说也不会写你们的语言!
In all this, my poor Frantz, you are not the guiltiest one. We allhave our fair share ofreproaches to address to ourselves.
我可怜的弗朗茨,造成所有这一切,责任最大的并不是你。我们每个人都有许多应该责备自己的地方。
Your parents have not been careful enough to see that you wereeducated.
你们的父母没有尽心让你们好好读书。
They preferred to send you to work in the fields or in thefactories, in order to have a few moresous.
他们宁愿把你们打发到田里或纱厂里去干活,为的是多挣几个钱。
And have I nothing to reproach myself for?
我自己呢,难道我一点也没有应该责备自己的地方吗?
Have I not often made you water my garden instead ofstudying?
我不也是经常让你们到我的花园浇水以此代替学习吗?
And when I wanted to go fish
ing for trout, have I ever hesitated to dismiss you?
当我想钓鳟鱼的时候,我不是随随便便就给你们放假吗?
Then, passing from one thing to another, Monsieur Hamel began totalk to us about the Frenchlanguage, saying that it was the mostbeautiful language in the world, the most clear, themostsubstantial;
阿麦尔先生从一件事谈到另一件事,然后开始给我们讲法语,他说,法语是世界上最优美的语言,是最清晰的语言,最严谨的语言,
that we must always retain it among ourselves, and never forget it,because when a people fallsinto servitude,
我们应该掌握它,永远也不要忘记,因为,当一个民族沦为奴隶时,
so long as it clings to its language, it is as if it held the keyto its prison.
只要它好好地保存自己的语言,就好像掌握了打开监牢的钥匙…
Then he took the grammer and read us our lesson.
然后,他拿了一本语法书,我们开始朗诵课文。
I was amazed to see how readily I understood.
令我吃惊的是,我竟理解得这么透彻。
Everything that he said seemed so easy to me, so easy.
他所讲的一切对我都显得很容易,很容易。
I believed, too, that I had never listened so closely, and that he,for his part, had never been sopatient with his explanations.
我同样觉得,我还从来没有这么认真听讲过,他也从来没有这样耐心讲解过。
One would have said that, before going away, the poor man desiredto give us all hisknowledge, to force it all into our heads at asingle blow.
这个可怜的人,仿佛想在离开这里以前,把他全部的知识都灌输给我们,让我们一下子掌握这些知识。
When the lesson was at an end, we passed to writing.
课文讲解完了,我们开始练习写字。
For that day Monsieur Hamel had prepared some entirely newexamples, on which was written ina fine, round hand:
这一天,阿麦尔先生为我们准备了许多崭新的字卡样,上面用美丽的圆体字写着:
France, Alsace, France, Alsace.
法兰西,阿尔萨斯,法兰西,阿尔萨斯。
They were like little flags, waving all about the class, hangingfrom the rods of our desks.
这些字帖卡片悬挂在我们课桌的金属杆上,就像许多小旗在教室里飘扬。
You should have seen how hard we all worked and how silent itwas!
该知道每个人都是那样聚精会神,教室里是那样寂静无声!
Nothing could be heard save the grinding of the pens over thepaper.
只听得见笔尖在纸上的沙沙声。
At one time some cock-chafers flew in;
有一回,几只金龟子跑进了教室,
but no one paid any attention to them, not even the little fellowswho were struggling with theirstraight lines, with a will andconscientious application, as if even the lines were French.
但是谁也不去注意它们,连年龄最小的也不例外,他们正专心致志地练直杠笔划,仿佛这些笔划也是法语…
On the roof of the schoolhouse, pigeons cooed in low tones, and Isaid to myself as I listenedto them:
学校的屋顶上,鸽子低声地咕咕地叫着,我一边听,一边寻思:
I wonder if they are going to compel them to sing in Germantoo!
他们该不会强迫这些鸽子用德语唱歌吧?
From time to time, when I raised my eyes from my paper.
我时不时地从书本上抬起眼睛,
I saw Monsieur Hamel sitting motionless in his chair and staring atthe objects about him as ifhe wished to carry away in his glancethe whole of his little schoolhouse.
看见阿麦尔先生一动不动地坐在椅子上,注视着周围的一切东西,仿佛要把这个小小教室里的一切都装进目光里带走…
Think of it! For forty years he had been there in the same place,with his yard in front of himand his class just as it was!
可想而知!四十年来,他一直呆在这个地方,守着对面的院子和一直没有变样的教室。
But the benches and desks were polished and rubbed by use;
唯独教室里的凳子、课桌被学生磨光滑了;
the walnuts in the yard had grown, and the hop-vine which hehimself had planted nowfestooned the windows even to theroof.
院子里的胡桃树长高了,他自己亲手种下的那棵啤酒花如今爬满了窗户,爬上了屋顶。
What a heart-rending thing it must have been for that poor man toleave all those things, andto hear his sister walking back andforth in the room overhead, packing their trunks!
这个可怜的人听到他妹妹在楼上的卧室里来来回回地收拾行李,想到自己就要告别眼前的一切,这对他来说是多么伤心难过的事啊!
For they were to go away the next day—to leave the provinceforever.
因为,他们明天就要动身了,永远离开自己的家乡。
However, he had the courage to keep the class to the end.
他竟然还有勇气把我们的课上完。
After the writing, we had the lesson in history;
习字过后,我们上了历史课;
then the little ones sang all together the ba, be, bi, bo,bu.
接着小家伙们一起唱起了Ba Be Bi Bo Bu。
Yonder, at the back of the room, old Hauser had put on hisspectacles, and, holding hisspelling-book in both hands, he spelledout the letters with them.
教室后头,奥泽尔老人戴上了眼镜,两手捧着识字课本,跟我们一起拼读。
I could see that he too was applying himself.
我发现他也一样专心,
His voice shook with emotion, and it was so funny to hear him, thatwe all longed to laugh andto cry.
他的声音由于激动而颤抖,听起来很滑稽,叫我们又想笑又想哭。
Ah! I shall remember that last class.
噢!我将永远也不会忘记这最后的一课…
Suddenly the church clock struck twelve, then the Angelusrang.
突然,教堂的钟声敲了十二下,而后是祈祷的钟声。
At the same moment, the bugles of the Prussians returning fromdrill blared under ourwindows.
与此同时,普鲁士士兵的操练完回营的号声在我们的窗户下回响…
Monsieur Hamel rose, pale as death, from his chair. Never had heseemed to me so tall.
阿麦尔先生从椅子上站了起来,面色十分苍白。他在我的心目中,从来也没有显得这么高大。
My friends, he said, my friends, I—I—
我的朋友们,他说道,我的朋友们,我…我…
But something suffocated him. He could not finish thesentence.
但是,有什么东西堵住了他的喉咙。
Thereupon he turned to the blackboard, took a piece of chalk, and,bearing on with all hismight, he wrote in the largest letters hecould:
他没能说完这句话。这时,他转过身子,拿起一截粉笔,使尽了全身力气,在黑板上尽可能大地写下几个字:
VIVE LA FRANCE!
法兰西万岁!
Then he stood there, with his head resting against the wall, andwithout speaking, he motionedto us with his hand:
然后,他呆在那里,头靠着墙壁,一句话也不说,只是用手向我们示意:
That is all; go.
课完了…你们走吧。
本站仅提供存储服务,所有内容均由用户发布,如发现有害或侵权内容,请点击举报
打开APP,阅读全文并永久保存 查看更多类似文章
猜你喜欢
类似文章
【热】打开小程序,算一算2024你的财运
【双语美文】The Last Lesson
初中英语课堂用语800句 (一)
英文单词:课lesson第1课lesson one
小学英语教学设计
初中英语教师课堂教学用语100句-
100个最常用英文单词的完美发音,so easy!
更多类似文章 >>
生活服务
热点新闻
分享 收藏 导长图 关注 下载文章
绑定账号成功
后续可登录账号畅享VIP特权!
如果VIP功能使用有故障,
可点击这里联系客服!

联系客服